Bardon State School’s curriculum is aligned to the Australian Curriculum. Our teaching teams collaborate to develop Year Level plans and Term Plans that ensure continuity and alignment across classrooms and from P-6. Our Year Level Teaching Teams engage in Collaborative Professional Release (CPR) each week to; review the curriculum to be taught, plan pre assessments, analyse class data, design teaching and learning experiences and assessments, and moderate to ensure alignment of teacher judgement.
There are eight Learning Areas in the Australian Curriculum –
- Humanities and Social Sciences (incorporating History and Geography)
- Technologies (incorporating Design Technology and Digital Technology)
- The Arts (incorporating Visual Arts, Music, Dance, Drama and Media Arts)
- Health and Physical Education
- Languages Other Than English – Japanese (years 4-6)